Healing light is within all of us- find it.


We all are exhausted..

Worn...

Kaput. 

You can feel it in the air and it has been like this for a long while. People are on autopilot. Politically the circus continues...up is down and down is holy shit. 

Our lives can only take so much...

Our younger generation are being squeezed more than we were..

Hope. 

Do you remember Hope? 

Do you remember Joy? 

Do you remember when talking about the world didn't make you fear violence towards you, revenge for an opinion on where you stand? 

So much is happening but as a society we're frozen in place, watching - most watching silently but still their minds and hearts absorb the nightmare. 

I know I am feeling it and have been for a long while. Being tossed about by this ridiculous state of our healthcare system has not helped. Especially knowing what I do by digging into the nuts and bolts of for profit healthcare, GREED trumps all - even the lives of the vulnerable, actually Greed's profit are made off of them. Google Centene if you want to see for yourself or read this first; The disease of greed in healthcare - a vent out loud. All of this has been weighing heavy on me on top of the things any one of us experience, individually and with our loved ones, that we all do. 

Since moving back to Illinois a few years ago I've been wanting to attend a Sunday service in the Rockford area, trying to find people like me and maybe understand myself even more. The church I was looking for is unique and not what people think about when someone says a "Sunday service." 

There's still a part of me that is hesitant and mainly from a reflection of judgement and hate I see in the rear-view towards me where I was ostracized for being me. 

The church I wanted attend has at it's cornerstone "Do unto others...." the Golden Rule. 

It is a place where Love is not connected to the fear of our creator. 

It is a place where Life is respected and celebrated as the gift it truly is...

A place where death is not feared either as the truth is our essence shall carry on...

My entire life I've known there is far more out in our universe and beyond than any of us could actually imagine. A connection to more and greater. I'd feel it as a little girl attending Catholic school and mass and I'd even felt it during my years of despair when the Church disappointed me with how they covered up child sexual abuse and played chess with the abusers, moving them all over the board to harm more.It broke my heart and that is when I learned just how fallible man is, even men of God. All of those truths ripped away for me the safety those walls and stained glass windows once provided me. A safety I needed to hold on to my own secrets. 

It took many decades of soul searching during many life storms before I found what called me. Call me Dorothy but yes, it was always within me, a power I never appreciated fully because I never felt worthy enough to own it. I knew it was there in me....but....but....but...why me? 

Empath - I know, I know - it is a term that has been used a lot in the last decade or so and to be honest when I first heard it I thought it sounded corny and full of oneself. I am still learning to embrace terminology for something that has been in me my entire life, I connect to others...their emotions, their hopes, their dreams and their traumas as well as some other outer-worldly things. 

I tend to not like too many labels as people judge, attack or even love that before they get to know you. So rather than diving too deep into the whys and truths of me I needed to connect with others like me. People who really just want to be of service while we walk our journeys. People who want to see all enjoying life and at peace with their grieving. 

Well Sunday I finally made my way there and I am extremely thankful because I belonged. I was different and unique and still belonged...as was every person there. Whew. It was healing. 

 Christabelle Spiritualist Church in Cherry Valley, Illinois is where I attended. I'm betting that some of you are rolling your eyes or grasping for a Bible as you read about this all...and that's ok, you do you. But, I ask before you judge you learn about what it is all about before assuming, and then if you are revolted by it, okie dokie, that's an informed decision you make on your own path in life. 


I also believe in Everything Happens for a Reason, sometimes that reason really sucks and forces a person to grow out of ashes of destruction and sometimes it is divine - meant to be without the trauma (my favorite kind) and that is exactly what happened on Sunday. Not only did I have the opportunity to sit with others for a bit, all wanting peace and growth but there was an Everything Happens for a Reason moment. 

I learned that the church, owned by Christabelle  sits on property owned by another spiritualist church, one in a very rural south central Wisconsin county, the Wonewoc Spiritualist Camp/Church. A place I started attending their services when I could during my life in Juneau County as a reporter and advocate for those in need of housing/shelter/safety from whatever storm they were experiencing. A time where I suffered many losses, judgments and more - also being called a Witch in the terms my 1600s Colonial ancestors were killed by the same type of pointing fingers. Yes, I have direct lineage to a few. I also have an ancestral grandfather who was a juror and a couple of accusers. And with my experience they whispered and spread those witch calls before they even knew one thing about me, just like my ancestors.  Weird, eh? What were the chances of that, my steps here in Illinois are once again connected to my life in Wisconsin. 

All paths lead to healing and enlightenment if you walk with your heart ,,,

I was reminded of that when I needed it most- a struggle of embracing my authenticity because life hit me once again, knocking the wind out me, and I was knocked of my path with insecurities and pain. 

You see I really do believe each of us have gifts and we're supposed to use those gifts to move society forward in a loving embrace but that doesn't mean we turn our cheeks away from the face of injustice- if anything it means use your life, your voice, your gifts, your heart to help heal and protect life, our living and breathing existence and confront injustice...even if we have to be rather blunt and loud to get the ball rolling towards peace. Healing Hearts is the goal. 


It's been a life...and it's not over. I just had that conversation with one of my children struggling through adult life feeling suffocated. All those emotions swirling and creating a fog that they have been lost in....it happens to many of us if not most. I'm thankful I went Sunday as it helped me to be an active listener where I could provide the wisdom of my life but most importantly LOVE without absorbing their pain. 

Yeah....weird...Everything Does Happen for Reason and NO that is NOT toxic positivity (which I cannot stand), it is a fact. 

Anyway..this is just my experience and I thought I would share it in case someone out there was looking for company in knowing they are not alone on their path. 

As always....

Be Well and ignore typos......my fingers are screaming tonight with RA but I really felt compelled to write this one at this wee morning hour....there's a reason....





HEALING HEARTS

https://www.gofundme.com/f/inject-healing-hearts-into-communities

Healing Hearts.

I might be placing my vulnerabilities out there for the world to laugh at and me to be picked apart but we keep getting this wrong, why not try?

At least I want to try to place a bandaid on my branch of the family tree, I am tired of the destruction.


Comments

Popular Posts