Ending the Abuse - at least not standing still for it. I resign.

 


I was jaded in 2016. Yeah, sure, as a Bernie supporter back then, of course I would have been but it went deeper for me than that, it was what happened after that convention when guilt and shame was used against female voters not too damn happy with the Democratic Party at the time. Adding insult to injury for me were those,  "you HAVE to vote for HER, she's a woman!"  guilt cries to a segment of society who suffer the highest rates of sexual and intimate forms of violence, rallying shames for someone I saw protected a predator, a man who had a long list of sexual assaults/harassment accusations against him...and, we cannot forget the abuse of power sitting in that oval office with a young intern. 

I did vote for her - but not because of the shame and gas-lighting hurled my way, but because I saw her opponent as a more dangerous option for our country, and definitely for women. 

I went back to my roots of growing up under a strong UAW former local president and back to the party over the last couple of years, wondering if this time around it would be different. Granted it has been a slow come back dipping my toes back in as I try to get over medical hurdles and in a new area but enough so that tonight I found myself resigning from being a precinct committee-person (it's low level), a seat I was elected into this past spring.  But sadly, and you will see why after reading the following I posted earlier this evening from watching our President at the news conference. 

I cannot unsee these last months and all the reporting - especially this one from ABC News tonight - 

White House guests recount concerns after seeing Biden weeks before debate: 'What we witnessed was troubling'

What in the hell are we doing in this country? This is insane - There is no excuse for any of this and the only way to make it stop, is to stop. 

We need a reset - long overdue, reset. 

Anyhow...my little resignation which will probably mean more to me than any of you, and in a way that is sad. 

Be Well 💜💜💜

PS - Thank you Dad! 





Comments

Popular Posts