Skip to main content

Keeping them silent - the Duggars

The one question I have for Ma & Pa Duggar is...
"What threat did you issue to your children to keep them silent?"

All I can assume is it must have put the fear of God into them. How else could you control such a large clan with them surrounded by outsiders with cameras on a daily basis?

And so the child abuse (mental abuse) continued.

Reports now are saying that an Arkansas judge has ordered the decade plus police reports into Josh Duggar self admitted predatory crimes, expunged. And why? Because a victim, who is STILL a minor, made the request.

Let us do some math -
The crimes happened in 2002 and 2003 (according to reports)
It is now 2015...12 to 13 years later...
Meaning that the still minor victim was under the age of 6 when  then 14 or 15 year old Josh couldn't help himself and just had to fondle her genitals.

For those of you supporting Josh and exclaiming the injustice that this is now public....please try to picture what happened.  We're talking about a kindergarten aged or younger child being molested by a high school kid who just happened to be her brother.

The injustice is that justice was actively delayed past statue of limitations.

He repented and that should be enough, some of you say.

You do realize that we have prisons filled repeat offenders who repent on a daily basis ...murderers, rapists, arsonists, and thieves.

Would you idolize them after the exclaimed they have repented?

Oh, and I have one more question for Ma Duggar -
You once spoke about a story your husband told the children - According to the New York Times it went like this:

“Imagine that your parents are going to surprise you and give you a brand-new bike for Christmas. Two weeks before Christmas, they buy your bike and hide it in the storage shed in the backyard. But then the boy next door sneaks into the shed and borrows your new bike; he stunt-rides it up and down the back alley.

“On Christmas morning your parents lead you out to the shed to reveal the special gift they bought for you, and as they open the door and say, ‘Surprise!’ they’re just as surprised as you are. You’re all shocked to see that the bike looks like it’s been thrown off a cliff. The front fender is missing, and the front tire is warped so it rubs on the frame. It’s dirty, the paint is all scratched and chipped, and the seat has a big rip in it. It looks worse than something you would have bought at a garage sale.

“I’m sure you would still be grateful for the bike, and you would have fun riding it, but it won’t be in the condition your parents had hoped and dreamed it would be when you received it. You would miss out on a lot of the enjoyment they meant for you to have.

“In that same way, we don’t want any boy (or girl) to come and steal your purity.”

As a mother who knew her daughters had already been touched by their own brother - didn't your stomach churn and heart cry knowing that you stood by as your husband dumped a truck load of salt into their wounds of being a victim of child sexual assault?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Shrouded in Mold - Part 1

  Sipping my morning coffee I sit on my bed looking out almost century old windows and into the backyards of my neighbors. This morning was no different. The sky is grey and there is a slight chill in the air, reminding me that outside that glass is another world filled with life and adventure, stories to tell and lessons to be learned...knowledge to be gained. In other words, hope.  That sentiment brings back the emotions I felt as a little girl. Then, I sat on my bed looking out the massive Victorian era windows of the 3rd floor apartment we called home. It was in the mid 70s -Evanston, Illinois. I loved being able to see into the green of the trees that lined our street. Between the leaves and branches was another world playing out before my eyes. The birds, the squirrels and sometimes even a stray cat - they lived out a day in their life without ever knowing they had an audience taking in their story.  I would spend a lot of time watching them and getting to know their personalit

A Pay it Forward Christmas...

The Christmas Clues came all month long.....a month filled with constant motion ..chaos...stress...and deep inside me the usual holiday dread. Those clues helped to divert my attention away from the emptiness that has been in me for the last few years.... Those memories of a large family coming together where I was the hostess for all the holiday feasts....the memories that usually remind me of the last few years and how much the boys and I have lost when domestic violence entered our home...and what destruction it left in it's wake. Yes, the clues had me looking forward to time that in the last three years or so I would wish I could close my eyes around mid-November and wake up on Jan 1st - yes, me...the one time overly merry hostess had turned bitter towards the holidays. This is the first year in a very long time that I have actually looked forward to Christmas.... That Secret Santa...and those elves....must have known that I was dreading another Christmas...another holiday in

Healing Hearts an outloud journal post.

https://pixabay.com/users/artsybee-462611/ Healing hearts, or I should say the desire to, comes with admitting one’s own wounds which are in need of repairs. I’ve spent the past couple of weeks appearing to be quiet but really I was just doing some internal work while my body adjusted to a switch in medication to combat autoimmune flares. A few years ago I would have tried to push through such a thing and not allow my body, and even my mind, a chance to go through what it needs, I would have pretended I felt fine when I didn’t, thinking that made me strong. In reality such behavior made me weaker and landed me where I am today. Anyway, that lull allowed me to do quite a bit of thinking, planning and decision making. Right now the money raised for the Healing Hearts kickoff campaign is sitting in Go Fund Me — no withdraws made as I am waiting to hear back from an organization and person I trust to take those funds and get them where they need to be, to address crisis intervention for th