Skip to main content

Watch this Space - a look into the life of #GhislaineMaxwell.



Ghislaine Maxwell is sitting in jail and we are all awaiting the slow and torturous process of a justice system to finally do their job. Will they? Are they even able to considering that once they do,  dominoes will come crashing down all over the globe. The shockwave will be a lot for some to absorb. 

Those dominoes are the people - the leaders, all the CEOs, the entertainers, and public officials who have held on tightly and corruptly to their own twisted secrets of having a sick and twisted mind which draws them to sexually assault children. Yes, there are people running every aspect of our society who get hard-ons in taking the innocence away from a child, especially vulnerable children who more than likely gave off the scent of needing to know what love is, what it felt like to be wanted. Pedophiles are like rats who sniff out easy targets to devour. 

The mere thought of them is repulsive to most, thankfully - but, what about all those who surround them, covering up their secrets? Assisting them in carrying out their crimes? It is a terrifying notion to think we probably have more of them, the helpers,  than actual pedophiles. What makes those kind of people tick? What kind of person helps create a prison of shame and pain for a child - the abuser throws their victim into that cage of despair, those who assist him closes the door and tosses away the key. 

Right now and for the past couple of years we've learned Ghislaine was one of those helpers for Jeffrey Epstein.  Not only did she keep his twisted secret,  as reported, she attained they prey and handed them off to him, fully knowing what he and others would do. It is almost too hard to wrap my mind around the fact this happens, this happens all the time - it happens in every country and every state, just not usually to the grand and infamous level we've seen in Epstein's case. 


According to newspaper clippings and recent articles Ghislaine met Epstein in the early 90s, just as her  life she once knew was coming to a shattering end. Her father, Robert Maxwell, a British media owner, a member of Parliament, and a suspected spy, was found dead floating in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean, nearby his yacht. 

Many of us can relate to the pain of losing a parent.  We would even be able to understand a handful misjudgments and bad decisions being made by a grieving heart but add on top of it all a mysterious death and news (see above photo of news clipping)  that you have gone from riches to rag because you were raised living a lie.                             

Talk about having the wind knocked out of you. That's a lot to absorb,  especially when taking into account that the parent who just moved on to greener (maybe) pastures was an abusive son of a bitch. There are many references to Daddy Maxwell being, well, pretty much a prick to his employees and to his family. Emotionally abusive would be an understatement. From what I read, Daddy's Little Princess was never able to get his approval, attention, let alone a tender moment. And, that is all we know, we don't know what went on behind closed doors. 

The pain she felt with a mind and heart that had been emotionally twisted must have been overwhelming. Unless, that is, she did inherit her father's self absorbed ways - if so - then all of these events added to pure bitterness and a sense of entitlement, plus being a victim. 

In walks one of the most hated men of our times, Jeffrey Epstein. Epstein was already skilled by this time at manipulating wealthy men out of their riches and their contacts. Ghislaine must have seemed like the buffet of a hungry monster's dream; always there, always willing to feed a bottomless pit, and the only thing wanted in return was love.  That desire to be loved was the weapon he used against her. For years she waited for a proposal - those close to her said she wanted their bond to be official - and he knew it - they always do.  That vulnerability in the same package of someone who was internationally connected to the rich and powerful, also meant she knew things other didn't...Daddy may have passed on that skill.  

Can you see it? Piecing all puzzle pieces together? The dynamics are actually rather simple and play out in families and relationships all over our world - in all demographics. 

Does this excuse her from the role she played in feeding his crimes, thereby committing the same crimes? Absolutely not! It just highlights the domino effect of abuse, especially childhood trauma. A nightmare that keeps on giving.

In my years of reporting and also being an advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse - I've met many victims like her. They will scream ignorance of their partner's crimes - but they knew, one or two may have participated. If we do not forcefully stop the cycles from churning, the gears from spinning we will only keep perpetuating that cycle. We need to freeze up that motor and once you're an adult actively (you know it is wrong - there are moments of clarity) harming a child, you need to pay the price - period! No exceptions. If that price is served out in prison or a mental health facility, I really do not care as long as you're not allowed around children and justice is served. 

Now that we have a little insight into her, over the next week or so we will look deeper into Epstein, Attorney General Barr, and some of the other high profile names connected to this shame we must face........








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Shrouded in Mold - Part 1

  Sipping my morning coffee I sit on my bed looking out almost century old windows and into the backyards of my neighbors. This morning was no different. The sky is grey and there is a slight chill in the air, reminding me that outside that glass is another world filled with life and adventure, stories to tell and lessons to be learned...knowledge to be gained. In other words, hope.  That sentiment brings back the emotions I felt as a little girl. Then, I sat on my bed looking out the massive Victorian era windows of the 3rd floor apartment we called home. It was in the mid 70s -Evanston, Illinois. I loved being able to see into the green of the trees that lined our street. Between the leaves and branches was another world playing out before my eyes. The birds, the squirrels and sometimes even a stray cat - they lived out a day in their life without ever knowing they had an audience taking in their story.  I would spend a lot of time watching them and getting to know their personalit

A Pay it Forward Christmas...

The Christmas Clues came all month long.....a month filled with constant motion ..chaos...stress...and deep inside me the usual holiday dread. Those clues helped to divert my attention away from the emptiness that has been in me for the last few years.... Those memories of a large family coming together where I was the hostess for all the holiday feasts....the memories that usually remind me of the last few years and how much the boys and I have lost when domestic violence entered our home...and what destruction it left in it's wake. Yes, the clues had me looking forward to time that in the last three years or so I would wish I could close my eyes around mid-November and wake up on Jan 1st - yes, me...the one time overly merry hostess had turned bitter towards the holidays. This is the first year in a very long time that I have actually looked forward to Christmas.... That Secret Santa...and those elves....must have known that I was dreading another Christmas...another holiday in

Healing Hearts an outloud journal post.

https://pixabay.com/users/artsybee-462611/ Healing hearts, or I should say the desire to, comes with admitting one’s own wounds which are in need of repairs. I’ve spent the past couple of weeks appearing to be quiet but really I was just doing some internal work while my body adjusted to a switch in medication to combat autoimmune flares. A few years ago I would have tried to push through such a thing and not allow my body, and even my mind, a chance to go through what it needs, I would have pretended I felt fine when I didn’t, thinking that made me strong. In reality such behavior made me weaker and landed me where I am today. Anyway, that lull allowed me to do quite a bit of thinking, planning and decision making. Right now the money raised for the Healing Hearts kickoff campaign is sitting in Go Fund Me — no withdraws made as I am waiting to hear back from an organization and person I trust to take those funds and get them where they need to be, to address crisis intervention for th