Sunday evening laughs with Bill Maher


Yes, it appears that Bill Maher is staring at my friend's, Jennifer, chest....that picture taken yesterday evening will make me laugh for some time, that I am sure.

Jennifer had gotten tickets to see Maher in Madison at  Overtrue Hall, so yesterday evening we made 70 plus mile jaunt to Madison....70 miles that took almost two hours to drive courtesy of all the tourists clogging up 90/94 as they headed back to Illinois.

It was one of those days where I had spent all afternoon running around, and didn't seem to have quite enough time to accomplish all I wanted....

By the time Jennifer got here to pick me up, I was pretty damn frazzled....I had just hightailed it from a town 12 miles away where there was a fundraiser going on (well it was suppose to be happening) for Lend a Hand. We were sponsoring a free showing of the movie Two Mules for Sister Sara, and asking for donations to help the homeless....the population that seems to be ever growing, but also forgotten about during the summer months.  The sunny summer day turned out to be a downer for our fundraiser....back to square one on trying to bring some awareness to the need that is dotting the landscape here in Juneau County via tents hidden in woods and cars parked in lots throughout the county...

Needless to say I wasn't in the best of moods at the time, couple in a summer of children not listening to Mom about cleaning before they take off to go be kids....dealing with some more financial concerns, that quite frankly is at the point of pissing me off, and the quirky man in my life who...#!(&#!(&#(!&#(! $#!(&(!&....frustrates me, but also makes me laugh like no one else...it was time for a needed break.

So anyway, I hightailed it home from the fundraiser.....no make up on cuz it was one of those days...my hair straight because my children did something with my hair spray and of course they forgot where they last seen it, and rushing because there just wasn't enough time in a day - in other words...a typical day in the life of Mom.

Jennifer was waiting in front of my house when I screeched into the driveway....I ran in the house, yelled at Justin to make sure he does his chores (knowing full well I was doing so for my own benefit) and ran to her waiting car, and off we went...

It felt odd to sit....my body was still running even though I was sitting in the passenger seat of her car....

Jennifer was beaming...screaming red from the driver's seat... apparently she spent the afternoon out on a boat and had a flaming red burn to remember it by.....it hurt to look at her even though I was holding back a chuckle or two after noticing the ice packs on her legs...

What a pair, huh?

We continued our drive away from Exit 69 ..aka Mauston towards Madison...driving away from the red choke-hold of Juneau County...through some purple landscape of Sauk County on our way to the liberal land of blue... Madison.

I love my conservative friends in Juneau County, but I gotta admit, it was nice to be around an atmosphere of a college town like Madison....it made me miss my days of growing up in Evanston, IL...home of Northwestern University.

We made it to Overtrue Hall with some time to spare ...and what we did for that half an hour as we wandered around that building will remain a secret....something for us alone to laugh about the next we're feeling frazzled and like two old moms. Don't worry, it was PG rated...for the most part. ;)

Once the show began we relaxed and enjoyed the almost 2 hours of political humor that will serve to keep us going once back home and confronted with the comments about being a liberal in the land of red. I mean seriously after a summer of being called names like "Christian hater"...."Witch hunter" ...and told "Satan has a hold of" us, the Scott Southworth Recall Committee ...there's a different appreciation that occurs when watching someone up on stage saying everything you believe to be true...yeah, a nice change of pace.


WARNING EXPLICIT...R Rated and not for the sensitive conservative....and save the comments, even I can laugh at Obama jokes...so fair is fair



Yup, so needless to say we feel renewed ,,,rejuvenated...and ready to carry on...

After the show we went back stage to get autographs and grab a few pics...


It was indeed a nice break...now back to dreaming about that long overdue vacation....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Shrouded in Mold - Part 1

A Pay it Forward Christmas...

Daniel A. Woolverton - A Rapist you will and SHOULD not forget