Skip to main content

Facing the truth of Trump

 


I had planned writing about those ridiculous conspiracy theories floating around and being spread by Q-Anon but have since decided I will not give them anymore life and chances to harm the true plight of child sexual assault and child abuse. 

Instead of taking an investigative approach to this posting I decided I am going back to the old days of this blog  -when I really didn't know why I started this but I did know I had a life lived I needed to face if I ever truly wanted to get on to the path of healing. My public journal. 

Lately I've been feeling like I am existing in a state of shock. All the hurdles I've had to face, all those traumas - my children too, placed me on the path to becoming an advocate. You name the social cause other than racism, and I've probably have had it placed in my path. The one thing I always held on to was- perhaps still is - my belief that everything does happen for a reason. Keeping that in my sight helped me to find the balance from the pain I experienced with the beauty and joy of helping others find justice and get on the path to their healing journey. Included in that was the brutal, sometimes gut wrenching, posts I've written about my own life - I felt their purpose would serve a greater good - bringing about an awareness that would help us evolve and realize where and how to work on and break cycles - in the home. 

We need to support families and communities to ensure they have what they need to foster healthy lifestyles, building the strong foundations for children to step out and on to for their future lives. 

The concept seems so simple to me. It is the basis of Love Thy Neighbor. 

A few years ago I started to feel like it was all coming together - people were finally starting to understand. Instead in walked Donald Trump with his demeaning comments towards women, his "Grab 'em by the pussy, " and the sudden normalization of locker room talk by a man who has been accused by 20 plus women of sexual harassment and/or assault.  He not only received a base turning a blind eye but also encouragement to keep the hits coming. 

To say I am frustrated would be an understatement. It has me wondering if all that pain, all those tears, and all those times fighting a system for myself and others,,,,was it worth it? Was it worth it to watch a true and shocking nature of people come out and gutt your very existence?

Let me tell you -the weight of it all is heavy. While at times my path has been rewarding, it was a tough one to walk - "Everything Happens for a Reason" ...kept me going, and when I stumbled and failed, learning valuable lessons, believing in it helped me back up. 

But now -I just don't know. I really do not care if some of you get mad at me for saying this, but I have to- Donald Trump screams abuser every time he comes on screen, he triggers PTSD in many abuse survivors for a reason. He triggers the ones on the healing path and beacons to those still carrying secrets and wounds, those who need to feel co-dependent to get through a day. All survivors of domestic abuse know that is why once they were drawn to the creator of their nightmare behind closed doors. 

My personal messages have been blowing up with people, survivors (male and female) need emotional support because this entire mess known as 2020 has busted open wounds not quite healed.

I welcome the interactions and value the trust placed in me, sometimes I take a couple of days to myself because I also need to find my own balance during these times -It is just, right now, I wonder what will happen to some of these people if there is four more years of constant triggers as resources dwindle even more than they already have? Can our society handle that call? Will I be able to keep that hope in me alive, even now every so often it flickers. 

Can we really have four more years of Q-anon abusing and using the pain of victims who have not found their way yet? These propaganda groups rely on that knee jerk reaction of vile disdain when a story of child sexual assault is placed before our experienced eyes - they know those wounds not yet healed will latch on to the distraction and need to help an innocent child over and above facing their own need for healing and care. Conspiracy theory pushers, cultist and abusers all know the game and excel at it. 

The mere thought that there are people out there doing this for kicks and to abuse power and control is despicable -

So, yes, like many of you - I am weary at times -Domestic Violence does that to a person. 

Be mad at me if you want for voicing all of this but know it comes from a survivor of child sexual assault, domestic violence and sexual assault as an adult. Someone who has literally gone from a middle class life to poverty over night just as the Great Recession was about to hit and on my own with two little boys who just watched their father emotionally, physically and sexually assault their mother. Two little boys who had to tell their friends their father was in prison for what he did. I experienced going on assistance for the very first time in my life at the age of 40 and then fighting to try to get off of in a tidal wave of oppression only to be hit with new health issues popping up. My boys also had to face all of that, and while my eldest who has special needs announced he was a member of the LGBTQA community and while living in rural USA. 

Now I am no longer able to work, in need of health insurance while I am one of those people who is a walking pre-existing condition. I am fighting to get approved for SSDI and need to rely on my children - we are once again working as a team, except I am fighting the feelings of being a burden on them, 

My entire life, everyone I hold dear and all the experiences that have taught me the lessons they have- is everything I feel he will only serve to make harder for future generations. My entire life - my Everything Happens for a Reason. 

That is a hard pill to swallow. 


Care to buy this blogger a 🍵?
All gifts are greatly appreciated and will
help me keep going..sharing..and hopefully
make a difference! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Shrouded in Mold - Part 1

  Sipping my morning coffee I sit on my bed looking out almost century old windows and into the backyards of my neighbors. This morning was no different. The sky is grey and there is a slight chill in the air, reminding me that outside that glass is another world filled with life and adventure, stories to tell and lessons to be learned...knowledge to be gained. In other words, hope.  That sentiment brings back the emotions I felt as a little girl. Then, I sat on my bed looking out the massive Victorian era windows of the 3rd floor apartment we called home. It was in the mid 70s -Evanston, Illinois. I loved being able to see into the green of the trees that lined our street. Between the leaves and branches was another world playing out before my eyes. The birds, the squirrels and sometimes even a stray cat - they lived out a day in their life without ever knowing they had an audience taking in their story.  I would spend a lot of time watching them and getting to know their personalit

A Pay it Forward Christmas...

The Christmas Clues came all month long.....a month filled with constant motion ..chaos...stress...and deep inside me the usual holiday dread. Those clues helped to divert my attention away from the emptiness that has been in me for the last few years.... Those memories of a large family coming together where I was the hostess for all the holiday feasts....the memories that usually remind me of the last few years and how much the boys and I have lost when domestic violence entered our home...and what destruction it left in it's wake. Yes, the clues had me looking forward to time that in the last three years or so I would wish I could close my eyes around mid-November and wake up on Jan 1st - yes, me...the one time overly merry hostess had turned bitter towards the holidays. This is the first year in a very long time that I have actually looked forward to Christmas.... That Secret Santa...and those elves....must have known that I was dreading another Christmas...another holiday in

Healing Hearts an outloud journal post.

https://pixabay.com/users/artsybee-462611/ Healing hearts, or I should say the desire to, comes with admitting one’s own wounds which are in need of repairs. I’ve spent the past couple of weeks appearing to be quiet but really I was just doing some internal work while my body adjusted to a switch in medication to combat autoimmune flares. A few years ago I would have tried to push through such a thing and not allow my body, and even my mind, a chance to go through what it needs, I would have pretended I felt fine when I didn’t, thinking that made me strong. In reality such behavior made me weaker and landed me where I am today. Anyway, that lull allowed me to do quite a bit of thinking, planning and decision making. Right now the money raised for the Healing Hearts kickoff campaign is sitting in Go Fund Me — no withdraws made as I am waiting to hear back from an organization and person I trust to take those funds and get them where they need to be, to address crisis intervention for th