Skip to main content

Scare tactics - Lying Bastards


Ok,

Usually I try not to push my own political opinions here in this blog, but I've seen enough, read enough, and quite frankly can't keep my mouth shut on this any longer - ENOUGH WITH THE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED HEALTHCARE REFORM IN THIS COUNTRY!

That's something most of us can agree on, unless you're a CEO with the pharmaceutical and/or insurance companies........

But what does the far right do once again????

THEY LIE!

They try to instill fear!!!!

They use scare tactics rather than honest debate to sway opinions and do so to demonize the left side of the aisle.

The one that really gets to me is the "grim reaper" one..... "They will plan your death with end of care mandatory consultations"

The next thing they will do is tell you to pull out that duct tape and plastic again to wrap up your house in an effort to ward off illness and liberals..... (remember that one people?)

They are using lines such as "the plan will pay for abortions but not to save the elderly"

GIVE ME A FUGGIN BREAK!

How about the plan will provide PRE-NATAL care for all who need it!

How about the plan will take care of children -

One that will take care of people with pre-existing conditions, much like my son who has been diagnosed with mild cerebral palsy and epilepsy ( a diagnosis that will follow him through life) - I guess they'd rather have me sign him up for SSDI so he can be on medicare when he is an adult and get that disability payment instead of guiding him to his potential and into a career path that will utilize his talents and provide for a better life.......but what do I know.....why would I want the best future for my children?

I guess the example of having the financial institutions and Wall Street running amuck without regulation doesn't count --- we don't learn by our errors in this country - we repeat them. (And no, that's not unpatriotic to say something like that - dissension IS PATRIOTIC )

They say things like , "Why would we want to be like Canada, or Great Britain, people are dying in lines waiting for healthcare..."

BULLSHIT!

France best, US worst in preventable death ranking

WASHINGTON, Jan 8 (Reuters) - France, Japan and Australia rated best and the United States worst in new rankings focusing on preventable deaths due to treatable conditions in 19 leading industrialized nations, researchers said on Tuesday...
"After the top three, Spain was fourth best, followed in order by Italy, Canada, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, Greece, Austria, Germany, Finland, New Zealand, Denmark, Britain, Ireland and Portugal, with the United States last."

They know the average Joe on the street isn't going to read the plan....and they know that throwing out scare tactics in sound bites will instill enough fear to cause roadblocks....we've spent the last decade living in the fear of lies - ENOUGH ALREADY!














Ok....I feel better now..............

Comments

Anonymous said…
Eva Marie being a canadian and one who has been low income before and on assistance etc. I can say I am so glad we have health care .
We also have poverty & homelessness but it is far worse in the states .
if rich people want better care and no waiting lists they still have the option to go away and pay for the care in another country etc. but it is nice that that basic care has no price tag on it .
I just speak as an average blue collar family expereince ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

History Shrouded in Mold - Part 1

  Sipping my morning coffee I sit on my bed looking out almost century old windows and into the backyards of my neighbors. This morning was no different. The sky is grey and there is a slight chill in the air, reminding me that outside that glass is another world filled with life and adventure, stories to tell and lessons to be learned...knowledge to be gained. In other words, hope.  That sentiment brings back the emotions I felt as a little girl. Then, I sat on my bed looking out the massive Victorian era windows of the 3rd floor apartment we called home. It was in the mid 70s -Evanston, Illinois. I loved being able to see into the green of the trees that lined our street. Between the leaves and branches was another world playing out before my eyes. The birds, the squirrels and sometimes even a stray cat - they lived out a day in their life without ever knowing they had an audience taking in their story.  I would spend a lot of time watching them and getting to know their personalit

A Pay it Forward Christmas...

The Christmas Clues came all month long.....a month filled with constant motion ..chaos...stress...and deep inside me the usual holiday dread. Those clues helped to divert my attention away from the emptiness that has been in me for the last few years.... Those memories of a large family coming together where I was the hostess for all the holiday feasts....the memories that usually remind me of the last few years and how much the boys and I have lost when domestic violence entered our home...and what destruction it left in it's wake. Yes, the clues had me looking forward to time that in the last three years or so I would wish I could close my eyes around mid-November and wake up on Jan 1st - yes, me...the one time overly merry hostess had turned bitter towards the holidays. This is the first year in a very long time that I have actually looked forward to Christmas.... That Secret Santa...and those elves....must have known that I was dreading another Christmas...another holiday in

Healing Hearts an outloud journal post.

https://pixabay.com/users/artsybee-462611/ Healing hearts, or I should say the desire to, comes with admitting one’s own wounds which are in need of repairs. I’ve spent the past couple of weeks appearing to be quiet but really I was just doing some internal work while my body adjusted to a switch in medication to combat autoimmune flares. A few years ago I would have tried to push through such a thing and not allow my body, and even my mind, a chance to go through what it needs, I would have pretended I felt fine when I didn’t, thinking that made me strong. In reality such behavior made me weaker and landed me where I am today. Anyway, that lull allowed me to do quite a bit of thinking, planning and decision making. Right now the money raised for the Healing Hearts kickoff campaign is sitting in Go Fund Me — no withdraws made as I am waiting to hear back from an organization and person I trust to take those funds and get them where they need to be, to address crisis intervention for th