Skip to main content

Blow the whistle - Justice for Nevaeh - take my personal challenge!!!!

When tragedy happens we can either turn our eyes away from it, or learn from it. If you've been reading my blog then you know how deeply Nevaeh Buchanan's story - her unsolved murder - has touched me.

For those who don't know.........

 It has been two years since her little 5 year old body was found face down in a shallow grave -a grave she was placed in and cement was poured over her little body - while, they believe, she may have still been alive as her lungs inhaled the dirt she was buried in. Her killer is still out there - among our children, somewhere.

Yes, a tragedy that brings tears to my eyes still today as I write this - it kills me to think justice has alluded her. So what can be learned from all of this? How can her memory help others other than stabbing ache at the heart for a child who was so violently taken from this world?

The answer is simple..in her memory we all do whatever we can to protect all children - One way you can start is taking part in the Whistle Safety Program - <<--  after you finish reading about my personal challenge...follow that link and learn how you can attain a free whistle from a site dedicated to Justice for Nevaeh - on there you will read about the program (see below) - but while your on that site ...stay a while...read why the site even exists ...

Now, even though the site is giving away free whistles I have a challenge for all of you - contact the  businesses in your community - tell them about the Whistle Safety Program  - see if they would donate to purchase whistles for every child in your community - collect those donations - partner up with the schools...churches....daycare centers...and arm every child in your community with a whistle and knowledge - EMPOWER them - educate the parents - get everyone in your community talking about and focused on protecting our future....our children - THEN take pictures..videos....document all those efforts and email them to me  and I will put them all together in a video for the prevention of child abuse...child abduction..and child sexual assault - We can do this together for Nevaeh and all the other children who have suffered in silence!!!!!!

Email me at - Chewedupspatout@gmail.com 



Here's what they have on that program;


  The Whistle: A Universal Safety Tool
With summer vacation right around the corner, the amount of time our kids will spend outside will obviously increase.  Justice for Nevaeh wants to help ensure the safety and well-being of these children by arming them with a simple whistle. In many instances, calling attention to a potentially bad situation can be the best defense against it. Consider the car alarm. It’s true that we hear so many car alarms going off nowadays that an actual burglary rarely enters our minds. But the would-be burglar probably sees the situation differently. The sound of the alarm presents the risk of being caught which may be enough to thwart the crime.
The whistle is also an effective way to locate a lost or injured child. Screams don't always carry. But a blast from a whistle does! So whether your kids are at home, on the way to a friend’s house, or somewhere in the middle of the wilderness, if they feel threatened, or are hurt or lost, tell them to Blow the Whistle!  (A limited number of free whistles are available.  To get one for your child, email your name and address to Justice4Nevaeh@gmail.com)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Shrouded in Mold - Part 1

  Sipping my morning coffee I sit on my bed looking out almost century old windows and into the backyards of my neighbors. This morning was no different. The sky is grey and there is a slight chill in the air, reminding me that outside that glass is another world filled with life and adventure, stories to tell and lessons to be learned...knowledge to be gained. In other words, hope.  That sentiment brings back the emotions I felt as a little girl. Then, I sat on my bed looking out the massive Victorian era windows of the 3rd floor apartment we called home. It was in the mid 70s -Evanston, Illinois. I loved being able to see into the green of the trees that lined our street. Between the leaves and branches was another world playing out before my eyes. The birds, the squirrels and sometimes even a stray cat - they lived out a day in their life without ever knowing they had an audience taking in their story.  I would spend a lot of time watching them and getting to know their personalit

A Pay it Forward Christmas...

The Christmas Clues came all month long.....a month filled with constant motion ..chaos...stress...and deep inside me the usual holiday dread. Those clues helped to divert my attention away from the emptiness that has been in me for the last few years.... Those memories of a large family coming together where I was the hostess for all the holiday feasts....the memories that usually remind me of the last few years and how much the boys and I have lost when domestic violence entered our home...and what destruction it left in it's wake. Yes, the clues had me looking forward to time that in the last three years or so I would wish I could close my eyes around mid-November and wake up on Jan 1st - yes, me...the one time overly merry hostess had turned bitter towards the holidays. This is the first year in a very long time that I have actually looked forward to Christmas.... That Secret Santa...and those elves....must have known that I was dreading another Christmas...another holiday in

Propane - Shame on you Inergy!

I know this isn't a typical post for me, but I guess with me not much is typical. The last couple of weeks I've been spending a lot of time researching and learning about propane. Propane is something I never really thought about before because I never really used it - except, maybe, once in a great while for the gas grill rusting in my backyard. However, as I said, it's now a topic I have been spending my nights researching on the Net. The reason for this is because of a phone call I received a couple of weeks ago - the person on the other end of the phone told me that a company here in my area was about to charge $3.14 a gallon for propane, while all the others were running around $1.80 for a gallon. They explained that many people don't realize what was happening, and just how wrong they thought it all was. That call came in on a Tuesday morning, the week between Christmas and New Year's....a typically very slow news week, and one where at the paper (The Mes