Skip to main content

Here We Go Again - Another Letter!

Here We Go Again! The letters continue.............

Last month I wrote about my ex husband who is in prison for domestic violence, and sexual assault against me, sending me letters. He is not to have contact with me. The only contact that has been allowed is with my youngest son, and only after my son's counselor approved it. The contact is to go through his probation and parole agent. Any letters my ex sends out is to be sent to her, she will scan it, and then she will send it on to my son.

There are some reasons for this. First being my eldest son wants no contact whatsoever - he is dealing with the after effects of watching his father hurting me, and suffers from PTSD. The letters that come from the prison are stamped as such - a big red stamp - and is a trigger for him.

Second reason is so that he doesn't try to communicate with me.

He has been warned, and warned.

Evidently that doesn't matter...because once again, he sent the letter for my son direct to the house and skipped mailing it first to the probation and parole officer.

It's a SIMPLE FRIGGING RULE!!!!!!!!!! It takes no extra effort to follow than not to follow it!!!!

I read the letter and he made sure not to mention my name nor my eldest son's name....but he did make an extra effort to stress that he has been working out, joined some running team where he runs at least 2 miles a day, and has added 20 lbs of muscle mass to his once toned 170 lbs 6' frame.

I read that and found myself wondering if that was in fact a subtle message for me for when he gets out in 2015...he will be bigger and stronger - and rules mean nothing to him.

Then I thought to myself I was being paranoid...allowing that fear he once instilled in me to take hold again.

I debated it over and over in my head.....I tend to do things like that ....

The bottom line is he willingly broke the rules ...yet again...one month after he was warned not to... and for a reason.

So, yes, Monday morning I will most likely be making a trip to the probation and parole office ............

Will this ever end?

I don't know...but I do know I need to keep moving forward with my life, and keep moving forward in trying to make those in power truly aware of what is needed to make a dent in a problem that exists in so many households...so many children's lives..that will in fact harm future generations if we do not address it now - sticking these sick minds in prison without the mental health and rehabilitation services they need....IS NOT THE ANSWER - it only feeds it.

Comments

Khris Cantrell said…
Again I am so sorry that you are going through something that should not be happening. I think you being wise in going to the parole and probation office. If you do not get the desired results then perhaps a phone call to one of your state representatives would do the trick. You take care Eva Marie try not to let this get you down.
Eva Marie said…
Thank you for the care in your comment...

I'm not really down about it, it just gets frustrating at times.

I'll make it through this..it's just getting people to understand that by not treating the underlying mental health condition of some offenders - and without providing real rehab for them...it's like putting someone with cancer into a hospital room, and telling them just by being there they will get better.....it just doesn't work
Just Be Real said…
Eve, I am so very sorry that you have to be going through this. I can read that it is not very pleasant for you dear one.

((((safe hugs))))
Eva, yes your fears may be influencing your thinking and at the same time, don't discount your gut feelings about this. Do what is necessary to protect you and your children from further abuse by this man. He is manipulating you and the rules. Don't let him get away with it now or he will do worse when he is out of prison. You and your children deserve to feel safe.

Popular posts from this blog

History Shrouded in Mold - Part 1

  Sipping my morning coffee I sit on my bed looking out almost century old windows and into the backyards of my neighbors. This morning was no different. The sky is grey and there is a slight chill in the air, reminding me that outside that glass is another world filled with life and adventure, stories to tell and lessons to be learned...knowledge to be gained. In other words, hope.  That sentiment brings back the emotions I felt as a little girl. Then, I sat on my bed looking out the massive Victorian era windows of the 3rd floor apartment we called home. It was in the mid 70s -Evanston, Illinois. I loved being able to see into the green of the trees that lined our street. Between the leaves and branches was another world playing out before my eyes. The birds, the squirrels and sometimes even a stray cat - they lived out a day in their life without ever knowing they had an audience taking in their story.  I would spend a lot of time watching them and getting to know their personalit

A Pay it Forward Christmas...

The Christmas Clues came all month long.....a month filled with constant motion ..chaos...stress...and deep inside me the usual holiday dread. Those clues helped to divert my attention away from the emptiness that has been in me for the last few years.... Those memories of a large family coming together where I was the hostess for all the holiday feasts....the memories that usually remind me of the last few years and how much the boys and I have lost when domestic violence entered our home...and what destruction it left in it's wake. Yes, the clues had me looking forward to time that in the last three years or so I would wish I could close my eyes around mid-November and wake up on Jan 1st - yes, me...the one time overly merry hostess had turned bitter towards the holidays. This is the first year in a very long time that I have actually looked forward to Christmas.... That Secret Santa...and those elves....must have known that I was dreading another Christmas...another holiday in

Healing Hearts an outloud journal post.

https://pixabay.com/users/artsybee-462611/ Healing hearts, or I should say the desire to, comes with admitting one’s own wounds which are in need of repairs. I’ve spent the past couple of weeks appearing to be quiet but really I was just doing some internal work while my body adjusted to a switch in medication to combat autoimmune flares. A few years ago I would have tried to push through such a thing and not allow my body, and even my mind, a chance to go through what it needs, I would have pretended I felt fine when I didn’t, thinking that made me strong. In reality such behavior made me weaker and landed me where I am today. Anyway, that lull allowed me to do quite a bit of thinking, planning and decision making. Right now the money raised for the Healing Hearts kickoff campaign is sitting in Go Fund Me — no withdraws made as I am waiting to hear back from an organization and person I trust to take those funds and get them where they need to be, to address crisis intervention for th