Middle School Strip Search: Abuse of Power?

This morning I woke up to an email from my good friend in Oregon. Contained in it was a link to an article in the Christian Science Monitor on how , today, set for argument in front the US Supreme Court is a case involving an Arizona middle school, where a student was striped search by school officials.

The female CHILD at the time was 13 years old, and according to the article , was stripped searched due to the statement of one other child that she had brought to school and shared with fellow classmates some "high strength ibuprofen."

Safford school officials are argue that their actions were reasonable under the fourth amendment:

'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.'

Now from what I read in the article, my understanding is, a Vice Principal questioned the girl...searched her backpack, and then had a female staff member take her to the nurses office where she was told to strip. During the strip she was made to expose her genital areas. NO PILLS WERE FOUND!

I don't know about you, but if this was my child......my 13 yr old child, and school "officials" did that to her...WITHOUT my permission.....WITHOUT my knowledge at the time...there would be HOLY HELL to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If local law officials wouldn't allow me to press charges, I would have had 200 parents (if not more) outside that school protesting, and perhaps myself chained to the flag pole until justice was served!!! Yes, that radical activist in me would have surfaced and Mama bear claws would have come out.

Now the school claims they had "probable" cause because of the statement of ONE child!!!

A she said...she said case...so let's strip her!

Give me a break!

According to the report, the girl who was in my opinion ABUSED, has suffered from ulcers since the incident and has not returned to the school because she refuses to...WHO THE HELL CAN BLAME HER???

Well there's my morning outrage.......

Let me know what you think!


Oh...and you just gotta love You Tube...pick a topic, any topic and you will be sure to find someone who has an opinion!!

Here's one guy's take on the Safford situation....(and you thought chaining myself to a flag pole was radical??)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Shrouded in Mold - Part 1

A Pay it Forward Christmas...

Daniel A. Woolverton - A Rapist you will and SHOULD not forget